Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cooking At Home


My back up for Friday night was a Salmon dish that I also thought up in Fresh Market.  I ended up making it on Saturday for my roommate and myself.  Salmon is one of my favorite foods, and while I prefer Pacific Salmon, I always go for fresh fish and it is extremely hard to get any Salmon other than Atlantic that has not been previously frozen in NC.  And even though I prefer Pacific, Atlantic Salmon is great in its own right. 
-Ingredients: 1 lb of Atlantic Salmon, one Meyer lemon, fresh dill, fresh basil, fresh garlic, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar

-Place Extra Virgin Olive Oil in pan on medium heat
-Add Salmon to pan skin side down, heat for 5 minutes and then turn over for 5 additional minutes
-Top salmon with chopped dill and slice of lemon, and put in 400 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes depending on desired doneness

-Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1to 2 minutes; add to bowl with balsamic vinegar, olive oil chopped garlic, and juice of one lemon
-Place in preheated 400 degree oven for 10 mins

-Mix tomatoes in bowl with olive oil, chopped basil and balsamic vinegar
-Add cherry tomatoes to oven for 20 mins

This is an unbelievably simple dish, that is easy to make, and even easier to clean your plate!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment