Saturday, December 19, 2009

I got crabs, jk but not really


On Thursday night I went with my roommate to Blu (yes I probably go here once a week). Thursdays are crab night, where they feature 5 crab dishes at 25% off. In addition to the 4 crab appetizers currently on the menu, they had a Crab Cobb salad with lump crab meat. I ended up going with 1 of my staples and a new addition to the menu, the Crab Cakes with mango salsa and the Crab Rangoons.

The Crab Cakes are always on the menu, try them served under a salsa of mango, tomato, red onions and herb oil and you will see why. The Crab Rangoons have recently made their way onto the docket; 3 wontons filled with crab meat and edamame puree, served under a julienned salad of carrots, onions and peppers tossed in a Soy Vinaigrette. They were quite flavorful. I also had the Conch Ceviche, every night they have a different conch preparation, this was my favorite yet. It brought me back to my childhood, eating conch salad with my grandfather when my grandparents lived down in Florida.

Gee got the crab legs and the Oysters Rockefeller (his favorite) and we both had a Cucumber Martini coupled with a beer. Getting out for under 30 dollars apiece, another delicious and thrifty meal eaten at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment