Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rockwood





A few weeks back I went with my sister and a pair of friends to Rockwood Filling Station in Durham. Located in what used to be an old garage, Rockwood puts a modern twist on a pizzeria. While I was unhappy to see my Tarheels come up short in a valiant comeback attempt against the University of Kentucky, I was overjoyed to have finally visited this gem of a pizza joint.

All of their pizza’s are cooked in the wonderful 700 degree wood burning oven. I ordered Scott’s Chicken Liver Pizza. It was quite tasty; lightly friend chicken livers, crispy pancetta, caramelized onions, mozzarella, oregano, & tomato sauce on a toothsome, crispy crust. My sister had a pepperoni pizza and a great milkshake, while my two friends had the ham and egg pizza and a great calzone. For desert I had their unbelievable Tiramisu and Adrian and Wendi shared the Nutella ice cream. Everyone was more than happy with their choices and I will definitely be going back.


-J

No comments:

Post a Comment