Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blu Again


My mother took my sister and myself out for dinner the other night.  We went to an old standby, Blu.  It was there that I had a new dish on the menu, which was definitely one of the best I’ve tasted in a while.  I ordered the Diver Scallops with country ham lardons, grapefruit supremes, shallots, arugula, roasted potatoes and an herb and sherry vinaigrette.  The scallops were perfectly seared, so tender, juicy, and delectable.  Potatoes were expertly roasted; the grapefruit and arugula cut through the sweet and rich flavor of the scallops and the ham provided a hint of salinity, while the vinaigrette offered up a punch of freshness and bite.   Dishes like these are why I go to Blu so often, days later I am still left savoring the flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment