Monday, March 28, 2011

Acme


Like the coyote, I keep going back to Acme again and again to secure my meals, however I am always satisfied.  .  Sorry, Chapel Hill/Durham isn’t the biggest area, and when you find a place you like, you keep hitting it up.  

A while ago I had what ranks up there as one of my favorite Acme dishes ever.  Seared scallops over top of a luscious, rich cauliflower puree, accompanied by sautéed spinach and morels.  There is a reason cauliflower and scallops are an old school application.  This was a great combo.  I am not the biggest fan of cauliflower, but when you add a generous amount of butter to any vegetable puree it tastes silky and delicious.  There was an underlying cauliflower note, and more importantly an interesting texture created the course puree that played brilliantly against the scallops.  The only problem I ever have with Acme is that their menu does not change much, but now I am hoping this dish stays on for a long time.  

I also had a green tomato soup, with smoked salmon and goat cheese.  The soup was more like a goat cheese soup, while it was tasty, a creamy cold cheese soup was not the greatest thing to eat in 100 degree heat (obviously I am behind, I think I wrote notes down on this dinner like 7 months ago). 

No comments:

Post a Comment