Monday, March 28, 2011

Jujube


Jujube is one of my favorite restaurants.  It is like a more meat eater friendly version of the Lantern.  While not quite as good, it is also not quite as expensive, so it balances out.  

Restaurant week was in January of this year.  They did a really poor job of marketing it this time around.  Myself, along with many others had no idea it had even begun until Wednesday or Thursday.  Luckily my boss Susan took pity on me and brought me out to Jujube for lunch to close out restaurant week.

The first course was lobster and shrimp dumpling in a scallion dashi.  The broth was delicious, and the dumplings were soft, fluffy and delicious. 

Next up was a red curry of pork and pineapple with rice cake.  The rice cake was crispy and delicious, and the pork was fork tender.  I never thought the pineapple would go well with the curry pork, but its sweetness added balance to the spicy pork.

We finished with a trio of ice creams, Vietnamese coffee, bourbon vanilla and roasted banana.  There was just enough to make you full, but not too full.  The ice creams were delicious; they reminded you why you love ice cream.  So creamy, so rich, but also light and refreshing.  

I might have missed out on most of restaurant week, but this lunch was all that I needed to make it worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment