Monday, March 28, 2011

Pizza


I am not the biggest fan of pizza, I feel like you have an almost infinite amount of opportunities to eat pizza over the course of any period of time.  I think I have eaten pizza ten times in the last three months in some random fashion or another.  Last night a friend of mine just brought over some pizzas to watch an afternoon basketball game, half the time at work when someone buys us lunch its pizza.  I don’t dislike pizza, who could?  But I never get a craving for it, it’s hard to crave something so available.  Maybe that could be a reason for some of my problems with women…wait what kind of blog is this.

Obviously there is a point to this pizza diatribe.  My favorite place in Durham to eat Pizza is Pop’s Back Door.  My favorite pizza there is one with granny smith apples, brie, white truffle oil and ricotta spread.  It’s called the #1; there is a reason they call it that, because it’s good.  It was recommended my good friend Wendell, we definitely have similar tastes in pizza.

They also have a great beer selection at pops, and more importantly a full bar.  There have been a few times when I have loudly cursed in front of a young child after I had more than one martini, but if we are going to talk about all the times that has happened, I feel like my hands would be tired from typing.  They have to grow up sometime.

My favorite Chapel Hill pizza is Camos Bros.  This is located in the Courtyard, right off of Franklin.  It is the little area that used to house Sandwich, Loco Pops, and 3 Cups.  Apparently the landlord is a total douche, and I don’t live on Roberson St anymore so people don’t find this area as cool as they once did.  I understand that I’m not there, but Jordan lives there now so it can’t be that bad.  When we went to get some Pizza before the glorious UNC vs Duke game at the Dean Dome, my friend Ad and I took Jordan to Camos Bros.  They have delicious New York Style pizza, a great selection, but you really only need to try the red and white pizza.  It’s an artistic layering of spicy and savory red sauce, basil, fresh mozzarella and ricotta.  Even my co-worker Kelley co-signed this place and that pizza, and she eats pizza like it’s her job.  Her last day is Friday, so maybe it will be soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment