Thursday, October 22, 2009

Aquagrill Periwinkles





Carter, Mom and I headed to Aquagrill to kick of my mom's visit to the Big Apple on Monday. We--SAT AT THE BAR--ordered tons of oysters I couldn't name to you right now, tuna tartare and tried for the first time periwinkles. If you haven't had them before, they are teeny tiny little conch shells that house little tiny curly cue buggers. Kind of like escargot except much MUCH harder to get out. My mom called half of the periwinkles in our bowl 'vacants'--left the building without paying rent. Duds.

I had the most patience of the 3 of us in digging out the little guys and found them to be OK. Snails much more satisfying. Too much work for too little-about as filling as a blueberry. What did help their case was a side of aioli which added richness and flavor.

First time for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment