Saturday, October 17, 2009

Freemans Artichoke Dip




Andi here.....

I went to Freemans the other night--tucked away down Freemans Alley--and had the best artichoke dip of my life. Hands down. This dip focused solely on the artichoke unlike a lot of other recipes that throw in spinach or tomatoes, allowing just a sliver of what's probably canned artichoke hearts to squeeze through. And I'd be willing to bet that their recipe calls for fresh artichokes because I couldn't detect that sour taste that a lot of canned artichokes get. But what got me hooked on this dip was the cheese! Although one day I'd like to be a professional cheesemonger, I'm not quite there yet so I'm not able to tell you exactly which cheeses were present, but I'd be willing to guess parmiggiano reggiano was a major player. The cheese and artichoke complemented each other so well. And that's all you needed--no bells and whistles here.

*Key Ingredient: keeping it simple and fresh*

No comments:

Post a Comment