Sunday, October 18, 2009

Luke's Lobster Roll



Andi here....

Luke's Lobster in the East Village just opened so Kathryn and I popped in for a try. Luke's is a specialty business that concentrates its M.O. on 1 thing and 1 thing only. Lobster Rolls. Restaurants and boutiques like Luke's are my favorite. They're what make the world go round. You can't help but be inspired when you see someone bet against all odds that their little niche can't draw a consumer base wide enough to turn profits--especially in a city as unforgiving as this one. The guts it takes to open a shop that only makes lobster rolls....or only does old fashioned men's shaves...or only sells pickles. Guts, pride, dignity, respect, money. Willing to put it all on the line because they know they've got their hands on something out of this world. I get an extra pep in my step every time I walk past a specialty goods store. Wanna go in and give the guy a high five.

I digress. The lobster roll. Ingredients:

fresh Maine lobster, chilled
Bay seasoning
small amount of mayonnaise
buttered Texas toast, warm


*Key Ingredient: fresh Maine lobster*

Did you expect the key ingredient to be anything but? I also loved that they put the lobster on cold--I think this may have highlighted the freshness and flavor as opposed to serving at the same temperature as the bread. I'd run back for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment