Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chicken & Chickpea Curry

I just winged this one and it turned out pretty well. At Whole Food's the other day I noticed a good-looking chickpea dish in the Indian hot bar called "Chickpea in Madras Sauce" so I bought a jar of Seeds of Change Madras simmer sauce from the condiment aisle. What I used to make my dinner:

1 can chickpeas
3/4 jar Madras simmer sauce
1 chicken breast, cut in cubes, seasoned with salt, pepper, cumin
frozen peas
diced yellow onion
2 cubed red potatoes
1 diced carrot 
cumin and cayenne
serve over rice
 


*Key Ingredient: Madras simmer sauce*

The simmer sauce was really spicy and tasted just like the curries at any great Indian restaurant. Matched the traditional tastes and flavors perfectly.


So easy. All I did was throw everything in the saucepan and simmer for about 15 minutes. Before I added the chicken I seared in a pan with olive oil to brown and crisp the outside. The chicken was only cooked on the outside/raw on the inside when I added to the veggies. Serves 2. -Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment