Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fuse


I haven’t been to Fuse in a long time. I used to go all the time when I lived in Chapel Hill, especially for laid back nights when you just want to sit outside and have a few drinks. Last night I went there for a few drinks, and for dinner. This was the first time I have eaten at Fuse, and I was pleasantly surprised. A group of us shared the tempura vegetable plate, which was delicious. All different kinds of vegetables, from carrots, onions, broccoli, etc, lightly fried but still crispy, fresh and yummy.
On the menu there are small plates, salads, sandwiches and large plates. By the time we ordered I had already had quite a few beers, and if I was going to continue drinking, I definitely needed a full meal. I ordered the crab cakes, with corn and tomato relish and wasabi tartar. The crab cakes were almost 100% crab, which is always a necessity when talking about good crab cakes. The corn and tomato relish was cold, creamy, sweet and delicious. On top of the warm crab cake it was a perfect contrast. The wasabi tartar added a punch that vibed nicely with the rich crab meat. The two large crab cakes were served on top of a salad, which also helped soak up the beers in my stomach. This was a great meal for a Friday night out, enough food to satisfy you, but not so much as to leave you too full to continue drinking!
Crab cakes are one of my favorite foods, which probably why a quarter of my blog entries contain them. If they are on the menu it is almost impossible for me to ignore them. I love how crab meat can be so savory and sweet at the same time, and also how it meshes so well with different flavors, textures and temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment