Monday, November 23, 2009

Another reason to eat fruit BEFORE you get off the plane


We walked past a table selling durian--spiky Asian fruit that when sliced open looks like brie cheese and smells sweet. We've seen it on the Travel Channel so I couldn't help myself when the smiling vendor cut me a tiny piece of either that or some other fruit he was selling. Whatever he gave me to sample was the same color. Then my tongue and the roof of my mouth started itching (some fruits do this to me) and one of my tastebuds got inflammed. I kind of started freaking out, monitoring the size of my throat cavity to make sure it wasn't closing. It didn't. I'm a "Nervous Nelly" as Carter likes to call it, but that will be the last time I try the local fruit.

Another reason to get in your fruit servings BEFORE you travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment