Thursday, November 12, 2009

Le Bilboquet




Le Bilboquet and Raoul's tie for my favorite Big Apple restaurants. Le Bilboquet has become a bit of a midday mecca for me (and Beth). This place is my dream and my heaven when it comes to dining. Like Balthazar it represents everything good about this city. It's a little more European but it's still iconic. I love it for the huge floral arrangement behind the bar that constantly changes. The statement artwork they rotate. For the people watching--oh the people watching--and the semi loud rock music they play. And most of all for the food. I can talk about several out-of-this-world things they do but for now it's the Cajun Chicken. Coombe tipped me onto this one and thank sweet baby jesus he did.

Ingredients:

cajun spiced chicken breast, sliced 1/2" thick
heavenly sauce
greens dressed in balsamic vinaigrette
french fries


*Key Ingredient: cajun seasoning and sauce*

I wish I knew what they did to get that sauce! This is the juiciest yummiest chicken in Manhattan. I told Beth how I normally never order chicken at restaurants because it's usually lifeless. This one is an exception to the rule.

63rd and Madison (get there at 12:10 pm or you'll never get in)

No comments:

Post a Comment