Saturday, November 7, 2009

WineBar VINO!


Mary Cook, Zim, Kate and I tried out WINEBAR on 2nd Ave and 4th St for the first time the other night and I fell in LOVE. This place is right up my alley-I feel as though they made it for me. Wine-Food-Ambiance. These are my top 3 must-haves with any restaurant establishment.

The walls are covered with bottles of wine, painted black, the bar tables that seat about 6 are also painted black so the candlelight provides fantastic warmth to the room. In the back is the actual bar staffed with a bartender and one detail I liked in particular: the built-in ice bucket, hidden beneath the countertop so just the tops of open white wine and sparkling wine showed. If I built a bar in our house, I'd recreate this sneaky little bucket. The glasses are also key to mention. Delicate, thin, and very deep. The bottoms are more conical in shape and round up into a nice full airy red wine glass--giving way to very generous pours.

Kate and Zim ordered a reasonable $30-something bottle of red and loved it. The wine list covers France, Italy and Spain and the price ranges are very affordable. Lots of $30-$50 bottles here. I didn't try any food but their menu features flatbreads which I think are perfect accompaniments to wine.

www.winebarnyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment