Monday, November 9, 2009

Cafe Colonial Pulled Pork Loin Sandwich


Flan and I ate at Cafe Colonial--one of my favorite spots--for lunch. Cafe Colonial stands out from other downtown mini eateries by its bright cyan exterior, painted mural and Brazilian menu that features familiar (curried chicken salad) and exotic (Moqueca de peixe) dishes alike. Inside is compact, with a bar and about 12 wobbly wooden tables that get their tilt from the unevenly laid white-tiled floors--an unintended effect that I personally think adds charm.

I ordered the pulled pork loin sandwich which comes with corn on the cob and french fries because I was starving---like, had-the-shakes starving. Ingredients as follows:

rustic baguette
lots of pulled pork marinated in anjo mole sauce
guacamole
sour cream


*Key Ingredient: juicy pulled pork*

I was happily surprised that they got the pulled pork part right though I can't say the flavors were the best match--anjo mole tasted a bit like salsa which isn't ideal for pulled pork. Something spicy or smoky--yes--but salsa, no. This sandwich was pretty hefty and hearty so it did the job of whetting my appetite but if I could redo it, I'd take out some of that sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment